Sunday, November 2, 2008

Recap

So another highlight recap of this past week:
Last Saturday....obviously there was the UNLV game where Matt did amazing. Matt's parents along with his sister, Wendy, and brother Nate (who came directly from the airport after flying from Virginia) all came to the game. After the game, we all went and visited Matt's Grandpa Putnam, he's super nice and has a great spirit about him. He's getting old and losing his hearing and mobility but still cracks a joke and makes everyone laugh. We made a shopping trip spree to Bed, Bath and Beyond and used up all of our gift cards-They have a deal of 10% off anything on your registry that you didn't get, but you have to use it within the first 3 months....and seeing how last Saturday was exactly the 3 month anniversary mark we kinda didn't have a choice but to go there if we wanted to save a little bit of money. Speaking of 3 months....we've been married for over 3 months now!! Crazy how time flies...but it only flies if you're having fun, right? So we are still happily married and our relationship is still progressing, which I am very happy about. Continuing on...
Sunday....we went to one of my old friend's farewells, he's off to chile this wednesday. Matt didn't quite enjoy the morning so much but I don't blame him. We immediately headed up to Brigham City to see his fam. Nate and his family moved back for a few months from Virginia and seeing as how I had never met any of them besides Nate, and even Matt had never met their youngest boy, Owen. It was fun to meet em and spend some time getting to know them. We went to church with them and here comes the good stories. Matt is pretty much famous up there-everyone knows who he is without a doubt so before church even started he shook a lot of hands of congratulations for his good game. In the middle of sacrament meeting a man came up behind us asking Matt if he would be willing to speak to his young women....Matt said sure and then the man said, "now if you'll just follow me"....it was for a completely different ward!! and the man pulled us out of the middle of a guy's talk in sacrament meeting!! can you say hilarious?! So we went in and girls were basically gawking at him and couldn't believe that was really Matt Putnam. Who knows how they even found out he was in the building....I thought it was quite comical. They asked him a few football questions and we added a few words going along with their lesson and that was basically it. It still made it one of the highlights of the day....Matt is the new upcoming celebrity of BYU football (which I am proud of him for). There was a big get together after church where all the Putnams were they except for Jeff and his family who live in Alaska so I think they had a good excuse. It was definitely a good time-lots of stories and laughing. All the nieces and nephews running around and great dinner. And I learned something new...Matt's celebration move (as seen in pictures below) apparently runs in the family....passed down from his dad. It was great to hear all his bros and sis making fun of him for that one. I can't wait for that one to get passed down to our boys. :) The Putnams are a great group of people to be surrounded with. I am grateful that I get to consider myself a part of em. We headed back to Provo that night-school, work, and football were waiting for us the next day.

The beginning of the week was just filled with the usual school, work and football, been watching a lot of The Office on netflix. We did do some major cleaning in our apt-very happy....nothing really exciting though until Halloween...

And so Friday, October 31...Matt was gone to Colorado before long and it turned out to be a pretty typical Friday besides the fact of dressing up. I was the easiest thing possible....the road

After work I went with my best girl, Alyssa, and we saw High School Musical 3...and yes I thoroughly enjoyed it (I probably just embarrassed Matt by saying that) and we sat in the car catching up on girly talk for almost 2 hours after-good times. Not much of a Halloween but that's fine by me....I've never been much of a Halloween girl-I hate all things scary in any way shape or form...so for me it was the perfect way to spend Halloween night.

Saturday...lots of folding laundry and cleaning....I watched Becoming Jane while I did most of it-highly recommend. I went up to my parent's house to watch the game. Came home and did more cleaning while I waited for Matt to get home. It's always exciting for me when he comes home after game...it feels like a reunion after a week or something.

And today...very happy sleeping in this morning. Went to church as always and our ward had a linger longer afterwards with breakfast for dinner...very good (but of course it didn't fill Matt up, so we came home and made spaghetti to top it off) Matt is just finishing New Moon-he bought it before heading up to Colorado (so he read it in 3 days....I'm so proud). And I think that's basically everything....sorry it's so long....I don't seem to be able to leave out all the worthless information. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Adventures in Healing said...

I love that you were a road. How clever of you. How fun to be married to a celebrity.