Sunday, November 2, 2008

Yeahoo!!!

Once again I'm a little late getting this up here but last Saturday against UNLV Matt played an awesome game!! (He also had a good game yesterday against Colorado State). He played well the entire game and then decided to step it up a notch again at the end. For those of you who didn't watch the game-the second to last play of the game Matt sacked the quarterback when it was definitely needed cause we had to keep them for scoring a touchdown in order to win. And Matt's sack was basically amazing!! Coach Mendenhall named it as the play of the game! He got interviewed about 4 different times by different newspapers including the salt lake tribune and ksl (he doesn't know who the other reporters were). Well here's all the pics of his amazing sack from the game! Good Job Hubby!!









The now famous celebration move :)


And here's a little section from one of the Tribune's newspaper articles:
Putnam's play
Cougar defensive end Matt Putnam made the biggest play of the game for BYU's defense, sacking UNLV quarterback Omar Clayton with seven seconds remaining to put the Rebels back at the 25-yard-line.
The freshman from Brigham City's Box Elder High said he was fresh from rotating most of the day with Jan Jorgensen and Brett Denney.
"He pumped faked a couple of times, but I just stayed on him and he slowed down just enough for me to catch him," Putnam said. "I just tried to make the play when I had a chance."
Here's the KSL interview after the game-if you go to the UNLV game and it's the postgame 1-he goes on at about 37 min into it

1 comment:

Adventures in Healing said...

I should tell you that I was talking to Billy's cousin tonight (the one that plays for BYU) and he said he couldn't believe how awesome Matt did that game and what a great job he is doing.