
Another great game #57!! Matt played a wonderful game Saturday against San Diego State. He got the 'Geneva Rock Hard Hit of the Game' off of one his tackles on the kickoff. After the game he got to go ring the 'victory bell'. I got to tag along as the wife an it was quite entertaining. We rode up to it on a golf cart (along with Matt Bauman) (they were still in their uniforms too) and we got all sorts of cheers from people in cars and the sidewalks, it was great. At the bell-it's basically those die-hard fans who just love BYU football so much....almost all of them had their faces painted and were so excited to see the 2 Matts. He signed a lot of autographs and got asked about a bajillion times by the little kids if they could have his wristband (but he always told em no cause they were lucky so he couldn't give em away). There was even a girl (atleast high school/college age) who asked me to take a picture of her with 'the players'...a little awkward taking a picture of another girl with MY husband-but good job Matt for not even touching her when she went and stood by him. It was a whole process of about 15 min. but it was a pretty entertaining 15 min if you ask me.
Our ward has also now discovered 'Matt Putnam' so he has become quite famous at church. We remained practically anonymous for 3 months. The elder's quorum president just loves Matt. He always ends up apologizing for how excited he gets whenever he sees Matt and starts talking about the game and how well he did. It's pretty comical to watch when you're not the one being bombarded....sorry Matt...that's what you get for being practically famous.
4 comments:
I taught him that, taught him to never touch the girls. Way to go Matt, sure is neat to be your seester. What a good kid. Too bad you're no longer anonymous. Rats.
Good to get some game info. I admit I missed it. I got running around doing a thousand things. Mainly washing windows and forgot to check on the game until 4 pm. By then it was all over. Can't wait to be closer where we can actually listen to it on the radio instead of streaming it. When I stream it, it cuts out a lot. I believe if anyone can survive a little fame without getting a big head it is Matt. Too many older brothers to make fund of him and remind him of his place!
Go Matt! He's famous in my ward and you guys aren't even here. It'll be interesting when you visit next. I have to tell you Will was SO bummed when he found out about us missing the game. He was really mad at me that we couldn't go. Tell Matt you guys have to beat Utah just so that they can come to the Vegas bowl and Will can finally see him play. I don't think he'll forgive me if he has to wait a full year.
I can relate, as my husband is fake-famous, too. The most annoying part is all the people who don't even know him who ask him to be Facebook friends, and he says YES. Arg. The funniest is that for like 3 years we got this weird discount at Betos (you know, that fast-food Mexican place?) because the drive-thru girl was in love with him. We'd order all this stuff, and when she saw it was him, she'd be like, "Two dollars." I'd lean over and say, "Uh, we ordered 2 large steak burritos, plus a side of rice, some beans, and 2 drinks..." and she'd look at Scott and say again, "Two dollars." and smile. Sheesh. TMI
Post a Comment