Monday, November 24, 2008

Learning Something New

So I'm switching to AP (Accounts Payable) at work. At the present I head all the customer service so.....problems. I deal a lot with FedEx (getting them to pay us when they damage/lose our packages), refund checks, customer's accounts, etc and so on. I even kinda have an assistant. But now I'm switching gears have started training on all things AP. I'm actually pretty excited because it is one of the very few things that I don't already know how to do from all the time that I've worked there. I don't know everything I'll be doing yet, but the jist is cutting all the main checks to vendors/suppliers/freight companies, paying the bills in general, etc. I'll also be dealing a lot more closely with the managers/owner, company credit card statements/reconciling....so basically all the companies money and making sure it is handled correctly and our system is right as far accountingness of the whole thing. I still have A LOT more to learn....and I've been told it's the one thing that takes the longest to train and kind of a pain to get the hang of but I think it will be a good experience and it's a big jump from where I am now so I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

wendyl said...

I am sure you will do great! Is football over? Is Matt home more?

Adventures in Healing said...

Yay. That will serve you SO well for job experience. And if you ever decide to move here to Vegas then you can replace the old lady at Billy's work. Not that you'd ever actually come here. =(