Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bored.....and Nothing Else Even Somewhat Productive To Do

So at the moment, I'm stuck on campus cause Matt has the keys and he's at practice-this is actually the 2nd week IN A ROW that both of us have forgotten. Except last week I walked home (10 blocks) but it's a bit colder today and I don't quite feel like it like I did then. I would be doing homework except for the fact that I didn't bring it cause I was only planning on going to my class an then going to take a midterm. Any who's....
Here's some of the random stuff that has happened in the past few days:

**Saturday** Matt had yet another great game against Air Force and came home with quite a few bumps and bruises that have yet to go away. We finally 'celebrated' his birthday when he got home that night....in a post yet to come once I'm actually at home and can upload the pics...and watched Brian Regan's new stuff-the Epitome of Hyperbole-SO FUNNY! Highly recommend. I realized that we needed a few groceries so that I could make the dessert requested for the dinner we were going to on Sunday...Matt could hardly move so I ran to the only 24 hour store close (it was only 10:30...no worries) and who did I see?? Why my cousins Jacob and Haley Hicks. By the time I got back, Matt was out like a stuffed animal on the couch and I think it took me another half hour to get him in bed

**Sunday** We ate dinner with the fam that lives below us/landlords-lasagna that Jimmy (the head of the house) has been bragging to Matt and I for about a month and a half now about how good it is...but he had a right to brag-it was DELICIOUS....I will admit is probably the best completely homemade lasagna I have ever had.

**We got Preach My Gospel to start doing Family Home Evenings together and so far I love it! Monday was the first time we used it, but it makes doing FHE between just the 2 of us a good spiritual experience and all

**Matt finished Eclipse yesterday and has already started on Breaking Dawn...he's hooked...I'm so proud

**Happy Birthday to my sister, Heather, today!! I apologize if your present from your kids doesn't fit-Billy called me yesterday asking me what size you were....I hope I was right, I atleast thought I was....if not, it's the thought that counts......right?

**Everyone at my work has been all hyped up about the game Saturday and I think I've heard the same conversation atleast 4 times from the different guys I work with:
-Is Matt excited for the game?
-Are you excited?....are you going? (and yes I am going)
-What does he think the game will be like....how close will it be...what are the odds?
-What happens if we win?
-This is his first time actually playing against Utah, right?....ooh how cool
-He's had a great season so far, we cheer really loud for him everytime he's in....57 right?
-You better be feeding him whatever he needs to get him ready for that game....pasta, meat, whatever it takes, whatever he wants.
Anyways, I just find it kinda comical and all.
And after this Saturday, I will actually have a hubby to play with on the weekends and not be bored watching movies and cleaning every Friday night.....yeah!! I think I'm probably one of the few that is excited for football to be over (disclaimer: that's the only reason I'm happy it'll be over....I love going to the games and watching him play)

**For some reason, Matt and I have been anti-grocery shopping for about the last month and a half. Besides a quick run to get the essentials-milk, bread, eggs we haven't been to the store for quite some time. It's not that we're that poor we can't afford food, but we both just haven't wanted to go, so we just make do with what we have and I've been pleasantly surprised with what we have been able to come up with for meals. We're slowly starting to run out of our supply so we may just have to succomb and grocery shopping within the next week.

**I paid $1.83 a gallon to fill up the car yesterday!!! Less than $15 to fill it up half way!! It was probably the highlight of the day.

**Fall would probably be my favorite season if it wasn't for the whole 'lets get colder at the same time.' I think that's why God made the trees so pretty changing colors and all-it's like he's softening the blow of freezingness with prettyness (good grammer, I know).

**So tonight I have to go to ward council with the Stake for the first time...I'm assistant secretary in the Relief Society Presidency. So far my duties are as follows: bring the roll/announcement binders to church and collect them afterwards. Update the announcements weekly before church on Sunday. Set up the chairs at the front of the R.S. room for the presidency before R.S. starts. And I just got put in charge of birthday cards for the sisters. I don't even go to the Presidency meetings. A little strange to anyone else?? Not trying to diss my calling, I'm happy to serve in whatever way they need me to...I just think it's a little odd that's all, especially that I'm going to a meeting with the stake when I don't even go to the regular presidency meetings.  

**Well....that was certainly some good blabbering going on up there....and no I have not heard from Matt yet so who knows what I will contine to do to occupy my time....but we have some good things coming up in the future that I'm sure will make for some good posts: Twilight with girls Friday night, the BYU v. Utah game Saturday, Thanksgiving next week, Company Christmas party, Fall semester almost over, and I'm sure there will be much much more excitement to come from the Putnam couple.

1 comment:

Adventures in Healing said...

Thanks for the birthday message. No worries about sizes- I didn't get anything involving sizes. Maybe he chickened out. How was midnight Twilight? Tell Matt I'm so proud he has read the books. He and Billy can discuss. Kyle is crying so I guess I should go be a mom even though I think I had more to say.