Sunday, October 19, 2008

Updating!

Well, I've certainly got quite a bit of updating to do although I don't know if there's really that much to say. Life has been busy as usual. Matt has played great at the last couple games, as usual, and despite this last week's loss Matt still played a good game. It has been super nice to have Matt for the whole weekend since this week's game was on Thursday. It's been the first time in awhile that it really felt like a weekend and we were able to get quite a bit done. For the TCU game, I went and watched the game with all the other wives in the football teamroom (wives club). It was quite an intense game to be sitting there with Max Hall's wife along with Dennis Pitta's wife and all the rest of em. They are all darling girls but it was a stressful game in the first place to be watching and then to be with all those guy's wives, you could just feel how they were hurting in the room. It was kind of comical at the same time as well though. We actually had a guy filming us during the whole game just to get our reactions....kinda awkward. Matt seemed ok with the loss-he hasn't been super depressed all weekend which I am very happy about. Saturday night, we had our ward chili cook-off. Matt and I are on the activities committee and our duty was making a bean bag toss. We made a pumpkin out of cardboard with the face as the holes for the kids to throw the bean bags into-I wish we would have taken a picture of it cause it did end up looking pretty cool and it turned out to be quite the hit with all the little kids.
For a little over the last week, we've done the netflix 2 week free trial (and then we're cancelling it so we don't have to pay :) so we've been watching lots of the office and movies to get the best out these 2 weeks we have free.
Last Sunday, we went up for the blessing of Angie and Mat's twins, Leo and Jack. They are absolutey adorable and just so precious. Raising 2 sets of twins-very impressive, I definitely don't think I could do it. It was so fun to visit with all of Matt's family. I really love the relaxing feeling of Matt's family, they are really fun people to surround yourself with. We stopped by my parent's house on the way back home (the blessing was in Taylorsville) which was also fun to see my fam since it's been awhile.
Here's some of my random thoughts from these last few weeks:
I am grateful for having both of our families semi close to us cause of the reason from up above-we are able to go and try and support whatever event is happening in either fam. I have really liked getting to know Matt's family better and it has been tons helpful since we have gone up there a twice this last month plus the baby blessing this last Sunday. I wouldn't be able to get to know them so quickly if it weren't for a semi short distance that we are able to travel and still be ok money wise.
I am grateful for the job I have these days-I work at the corporate office for an emergency preparedness company, so while the economy and a lot of businesses are struggling-we happen to be doing quite well. I have also been there for awhile and sorta established myself in the company so that I really don't have any worries of layoffs or that sort. And while all the other companies are firing at the moment, our company is hiring because it so happens that we have been dramatically getting more business ever since the summer.
I am grateful that Matt is on the football team and for his scholarship. I don't know what we would be doing money wise if it wasn't for his full-ride scholarship, it really helps us out a lot and for that I am very grateful. And although I hate it when Matt has to be away at a hotel atleast one night out of the week I think it helps me appreciate him more. Every time he leaves and I have to come home to an empty apt after work it puts me in check again and I realize how much I lean on him. He is great.
And I am just happy to be married-no dealing with all the social dramas of single life and everything that comes with that. The only roommate I have is my best friend and husband. I have done a lot better in school since we've been married-and that's definitely a good thing. Plus it's just nice to always have someone there you can babble to...I do that quite a lot I think.
Well I think that's about all the updates as far as our lives go for the moment. I'll be back with more soon!

2 comments:

The Winwards said...

Jill, you're so great and we love having you in our family. You and Matt were such a big help on Sunday. I love reading your blog, it is fun to get to know you better and every time I read I am so impressed. You even spelled Mat's name right. You are a genius. I hope you don't mind that I put a link to your blog from mine. You may have a few of my old friends peeking in. Take care, love your guts.....ang

Adventures in Healing said...

Well believe you me... we wish you were closer to THIS part of the family!!! We always miss you. Just come play with us one of these weekends when he is away. Pshaw to gas costs. I feel so neglected. Whatever. Oh, and you are definitely in the right place to work. Yay for that for sure. Props to you too for doing better in school after getting married- there aren't a lot who can say that (Billy being one fo sho).