Friday, September 11, 2009

For some reason or another, my computer has decided that it's wireless connection doesn't want to work...it's been a couple days now So my blogging is slightly limited seeing as how all my pictures are on my computer ... not Matt's. Boo. I was looking forward to finishing up some old posts that needed blogging while Matt was gone ... but they pretty much all require pictures.

Matt is in Louisiana as I type. Funny story: they got stuck in Provo for a few hours because the plane was too heavy to take off - they filled it up with too much fuel. So they were stuck sitting around the Provo airport for hours earlier today.

And if you get a chance ... there's some really funny youtube videos of Provo going crazy after last weeks game.

Tonight is the beginning of me being alone at our apt while Matt's away with the rest of the players. It's amazing how much I can miss one person after just a few hours. I just finished watching Ever After - great movie - I love Walmart's $5 movies. Who can guess how late I stay up tonight because I can't sleep????

Well ... I really don't have much to say - I'm more rather rambling I suppose. blah blah blah. Same old, same old around these parts - we're in the routine of school, work, football, and not much time to do much else otherwise. It's good and happy, just not the most exciting in writing. I am really liking my classes so far, that's always a good sign. Matt's taking Coaching Baseball...so fun.

It was my birthday a week and day ago! I'm finally past the teen years ... big ol 20! My dad was so cute and brought me flowers at work. They're so beautiful. Matt gave me the new Pride and Prejudice movie and a hand grain mill - which I love. May sound weird - but I've started making bread every week instead of buying it but we haven't had a wheat grinder so I couldn't make real 'wheat' bread. I made my first loaves with real wheat 2 days ago (it was actually half and half but I was still proud ... I feel soo domestic). I love it.

We made a trip to Ikea last Monday and bought a wonderful Poang chair to spice up our place a bit with the gift card my parents gave me for my b-day. I'll post a pic later.

Random cute story: I think it's worth blogging cause it was so sweet. Last week, Friday before the big game. I didn't get into Oklahoma til 10:30 p.m. Matt should have been asleep by this time. I texted to him to let him know I arrived safely. He stayed up to make sure I got there safely and everything was ok and didn't go to sleep til he knew for sure - it was so sweet ... and a lot harder to describe how cute it was. I really do have the sweetest hubby ever. Hopefully I didn't just embarrass him. :)

Hmmmm....I should probably go clean or fold laundry. Sorry this wasn't the most exciting post in the world. I do have good ones up my sleeve but they won't get to come out til my computer decides to start working again ... or I cave to uploading them onto Matt's puter. I think I'm actually going to go make cookies.

Good luck to the boys tomorrow! Fun game in the Superdome!

2 comments:

The Winwards said...

Nine years later and I still stay up as late as possible when Mathew is a way. I hate going to bed without him, it is impossible to sleep. We love you Jill hang in there. Why don't you come visit us someday with a fresh loaf of homemade bread. My kids love it, but this mama is lucky to make dinner!

Adventures in Healing said...

Guess all the months and years of Billy working graveyard (and then the time of him living in Vegas with me up there) made it easier for me to be with him gone. I think it's gotten easier but I do still fall asleep to the tv on. I'm gonna guess 3am...
(btw- be careful about advertising being home by yourself- you may be in Provo but your blog isn't private)
p.s. You don't want to make bread with just all wheat anyway, it will be too heavy. You'll want a cup or two at least of white flour.