Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ikea Struck Again!

We were pulled in by the commercial advertising Ikea's summer sale: 20 - 60% off

So we roped ourselves in to a trip after work only to spend quite a bit of money ... again ... on some wonderful stuff.

This time was just small stuff ... but it added up pretty quickly - we were both surprised when we rung everything up.
Dishes
Curtain Rod
Curtains
Measuring stuff
Towel Shelf

You wanna know what the best part is ........... we didn't even buy anything that was on sale! We got them all for really good prices but our whole plan of going to see what was on sale didn't really work. Oh Ikea.

Our last couple purchases were the big ones:
Our coffee table - made up of 4 small end tables ... I'll take a picture
A bookcase - this was the big purchase of $50 - and we got this on sale ... it's normally $90 .. I'll take a pic of this one too
And then add accessories and other little decorations

We are such dorks. Gotta love it.

3 comments:

Adventures in Healing said...

We must be related. I so wish there was an Ikea here but then I also wonder what it would do to my finances. It was quite the feat to visit in San Diego and not buy anything but dinner. Have you heard of west elm? Pricier but I love looking at their stuff. It's the remotely closest I have to an Ikea. Oh, and a kids' furniture company called Fleka. (or Flecka)

And holy cow you did update! Good job. I have heard of frequenter golf club cards or something like that. I bet if you looked hard enough you could find something and then you'd get a discount. The Entertainment book would probably have some too and it's pretty cheap.

Shred said...

Enjoy it while it lasts because once you have kids all the fun goes out of shopping.

Do I want to walk around a big store while 3 kids cry and whine and beg for things? Nope!

This is Wendy by the way, I am signed in under Lyle's name

Adventures in Healing said...

That's why IKEA is especially great- they watch your kids for you! (at least when they're tall enough)
Oh how I dream of one here....