This thought was shared in Relief Society and I really liked it so I thought I would share it here. I don't remember it word for word but it's about the folded facial napkin in Christ's tomb at the time of his resurrection.
The neatly folded napkin is recognized by Mary Magdalene and then by John and then again by Simon Peter so actually walks into the tomb. All the other bedding sheets were tossed aside but the facial napkin was nicely folded where he had laid. What is the napkins significance?
In order to understand the significance you must know the relationship between the master and the servant with Hebrews at that time. The servant would set the table for dinner exactly as the Master wanted it to be. Then, after the Master came for dinner, the servant would wait patiently to the side out of the way and wait for the Master to finish. When the master finished, he would crumble his napkin and throw it on the table. The servant would immediately clear the table at the sight of the Master's crumbled napkin. However, if the Master stood up but folded his napkin it meant I'm coming back. This was the message Christ gave to the apostles when they came into the tomb and saw the neatly folded napkin. I'm coming back.
It's also the message to all of us that He's coming back. A promise of the second coming.
Happy Easter.
No comments:
Post a Comment