Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Life As We Know It

= BUSY but good. A lot has happened and I still have a lot to catch up on and who knows if I can even remember the most of it....but here it goes....this may get long... . . .

WORK

As many of you already know - I was promoted at work a while back to take over supervisor of the accounting department. It has been a task and a half so far but very much a blessing at the same time. It's been a little difficult transitioning because I'm still in the process of being trained in the accounts payable - which means I have to listen to the guy that is training me but technically his supervisor...and while learning that I am also trying to learn the supervisor ropes but the current supervisor has been sick as a dog during her pregnancy. I love her to death and this pregnancy has definitely taken its toll on her so she rarely comes in which means I have to try to learn things on my own. I have increased my work hours to 30 hours a week while still attempting to be full time at school with 13 credits. But it has a nice raise that came with the job too. Anyways, I'm already rambling.....

We have truly been blessed however with the promotion. Even though my life has become super extra busy I have still managed to get up every morning and basically on time to everything (that's amazing if you know me and mornings) and that = 8 a.m. every day. Of course I do sleep in every now again at my own choice. And Matt has been the perfect husband helping out whenever it is needed...I really couldn't do it without him.

SCHOOL

Matt and I have 2 classes together and that is probably one of the biggest blessings for us...atleast for me. One of them is smack in the middle of the day and it gives me the little extra boost every day when I see him. We don't get to spend a whole lot of time together so it makes it fun to be able to do homework and study together.

FOOTBALL

Is going well...atleast as far as I know. I get to brag for Matt - he benched 355 lbs! And that's not even his max! He's been working hard and his foot is doing great. He just has a funny lookin Frankenstein scar left on his foot. We'll be going to the football banquet next Wednesday.

GOAL

Matt and I have made it our goal to go to every temple in Utah - going to a different one every month. We started off by going to the Logan Temple last Saturday. We stayed at Matt's parents and got to see Seth and Tiffany's new little baby boy. It was such a fun weekend. I've already felt the extra strength from going to the temple and little baby Sawyer was so adorable.

SUPER MARIO GALAXY

Wendy let us borrow the game and we both ended up getting sorta addicted to it. Matt had it beat in 2 days. The first night after we borrowed it, Matt stayed up half the night playing it and I gave up waiting up for him and went to bed without him. Then we discovered 2 players on the game and I got addicted to it. I got to be his helper and gather stars and hold down the bad guys while he beats the levels....teamwork at its best.

2 comments:

Adventures in Healing said...

are you kidding me?! I bought that game and took it back because I never actually opened it because it didn't look like it'd be a fun 2 player one. Costco had it at a really good price too.
I'm glad to hear things are going so well.

Adventures in Healing said...

oh..and tell me when you make it to the St. George temple. I'll meet you!