Saturday, March 21, 2009

Another Long Update

I've got the sick so it looks like I might actually get some blogging in. Here's another catch up on what's going on...

FOOTBALL BANQUET

Was about a week and a half ago. It's kinda like football's mini version of the Oscars. 2 huge projection screens, 2 smaller tvs all showing the guy speaking as well as showing highlights of each player that is awarded something. Seniors wear tuxes and the whole shibang. It was at the Marriott - pretty good food and it was fun to see some of the friends we/I haven't seen in awhile. But....very long.

FOOTBALL

Spring Ball has officially started and Matt's got the bumps and bruises to show it. This means more practicing and full on practicing too. He gets tougher and stronger every day.

HOME LIFE

Like I said earlier, I'm a sickling today but Matt has been a true sweetheart. He did all the dishes (there was a ton) and did all the laundy including folding most of it and let me rest. The kids from downstairs come up and played Wii for about 3 hours...Matt is a lot more patient than I am and is so cute to watch play with kids. The kids are way funny to watch and play with but definitely have their dose of craziness in them. I concluded that I definitely need a couple more years for my patience to get better before we have kids of our own.

We also decided it was time to rearrange the furniture a week ago....so we did. We didn't do a whole lot cause we don't have a lot of room to do anything but we did what we could and I love the little bit of change it did for our living room.

We got a water filter and it is absolutely wonderful! I love it!

SCOOTER

The cat's out of the bag - we have a scooter! A 2003 Yamaha Zuma. We've had it for a few weeks now and Matt has loved it. We got a good deal on it and with its efficiency we calculated that it would pay for itself in a year with the money we save on gas. We've only had to pay about $2 to fill it up....that lasts 2 weeks! And it makes parking at BYU 200 times easier and faster.

GIRLS NIGHT

Last Friday I went with 4 girlies from high school for a reunion of all our good times together. Thanks Stephanie for takin pictures. Here's what came of it:
First stop: Dinner at the Pizza Factory
Stephanie, Lauren, Paula
Alyssa and Me



Back at Stephanie's house:


I think I laughed so hard I was almost crying when I saw this picture again.

It was so much fun if you couldn't tell from all the pictures.

Well I think that about does it for now atleast. We've got some fun stuff coming up in the future...hopefully this sickness will go away fast. I've been itching for a vacation but that probably won't come for awhile now that we found out the truck is going to cost us $400 to even pass safety. Anyways, that was just a random thought. Hopefully I'll be better and post more often. Toodles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw, jilly! i'm sorry you're sick. get better!! that's so fun you have a scooter now. you'll have to take me for a ride on it sometime :) let me know if you need anything!