So, it appears that this may just be one of my many ways of procrastinating homework....but here's a little bit of our story:
We met the day before my birthday actually; September 2, 2007. We were both living at the Glenwood apts and his apt was in charge of ward prayer/linger longer that first Sunday before school started. Well, my whole apt ended up staying over at their's quite a bit longer than anyone else (we lingered longer...ha) just laughing, talking, and getting to know each other. The best part of this story is that Matt stood in the corner with his arms folded and was practically silent and rarely smiled....we all thought that he hated us and wanted us to leave the whole time we were over there. Out 2 apartments became good friends fast and we saw each other every day from there on out.
Our first date was mid-September I believe.....I was actually Matt's second choice date that night. He had been over at my apt before going on the date, and left when he said he should probably get ready and pick her up......well he came back to my apt about an hour or so later and told me I didn't have a choice and I was going out with him (the girl stood him up). I thought he was joking so I made him wait while I finished my homework. It was a double with his roommate Brad and some random girl I can't remember. We drove up to Rock Canyon Park We made dutch oven apple crisp that didn't cook long enough so it became 'apple soggy'. We didn't do much else than that besides talk and play card games.
I remember the first thing that just totally 'wow'd' me was after he had given me a neck massage (payback for when I gave him a neck massage trying to get the biggest knot in the world out of his neck) and I couldn't believe how gentle he was for how huge he was....kinda weird but true. From that point on he just kept amazing me and continues to even now.
We were dating by the end of September (that's my version of 'our story', Matt has a different opinion). We saw each other basically every day....our apts were down the hall from one another...practically every other day, Matt would just sit by me while I had to finish my homework before the 12:00 deadline and not do anything but just sit there til I finished...he told me he just like being by me and he didn't care if he wasn't doing anything.....another one of the things that wow'd me. And for now this is to be continued cause I really need to go to bed so I can wake up for school tomorrow. TO BE CONTINUED....
1 comment:
haha. Do your homework!!!!! I don't think I've told you but what I find funny is that a lot of the things you've told me that have drawn you to Matt have been things that drew me to Billy. Isn't blogging great for avoiding things?
Post a Comment