My little sister Cassie competed in Jr. Miss last Saturday and she did fantastic! I got to be her 'hostess mom' where I was backstage during the whole thing during her hair, fixing her makeup, and making sure she had everything ready between events. It was quite a bit of work but it was way fun. She looked beautiful. She won in 3 events: interview, fitness, and 'be your best self'. I think that totals to about $1,000 in scholarship money and $50 cash. I think she should have won, especially after winning those 3, but it wasn't my call. It was fun to watch her and be a part of it all.
And kudos to Matt-he hurried after his big game to come to the pageant to support Cassie, and sat with my family without me (because I was backstage). Thank you Matt, you couldn't be more awesome of a husband!
No comments:
Post a Comment