Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Coming Up Next

The next several months of our lives will likely be very interesting.

Matt is putting it all out there and taking his chances at becoming a professional football player in the NFL. We'll find out next Saturday, April 28th if he makes it on to a team. We know there's been a few teams interested in him so far, but it's really hard to tell anything or have any real concrete idea of what they're thinking and what's going to happen.

He's been working tremendously hard and I'm super proud of him. He's been working out with a personal trainer for about 4 hrs every day since the beginning of January. Pro-day was about 3 weeks ago, where a bunch of NFL scouts come and watch you run through drills. I, of course, thought he did great. I maybe just a little bias, but still. He was happy and frustrated with how he did. I can confidently say though, that Matt has done everything he can do, and now it's up to God and where He wants us to end up.

It feels like we're in the ultimate transition limbo stage. We could be moving anywhere in the country in a few months and on top of that we're having a baby right in the middle of it all. Oh the adventures.

Surprisingly enough though, neither of us are really freaking out about it all. We both have our freak-out days but overall we both feel peace that whatever is supposed to happen, is what will happen, and everything will work out right.

Wish us luck.

1 comment:

The Winwards said...

What an adventure. It is a little crazy to have no idea where you might be in the upcoming months. I think you will look back on these days with fondness and grateful hearts for all the knowledge you've gained. Knowledge like, Matt rocks, and worked his but off. Good job!