So, there's some rumors and things being said about my husband and football throughout the media right now. And since there's not a whole lot of you that read our blog, I want to explain a few things.
At this point in time, Matt is not eligible and is not participating in fall camp. HOWEVER, he is diligently working on changing that status and becoming eligible by the time school starts. He is also training and conditioning independently from the team. That is really all you need to know. The details of his situation and circumstances are personal and do not need to divulged to the world.
You can rarely trust the media. Which is why I wanted to write this post. If there's anything that you are wondering, or questioning regarding all of this, etc ... please don't search the media or listen to rumors for the answers. Please ask Matt or I. I'm happy to answer any questions you may comment on this post. We'd rather have you get a direct, honest answer from one of us, than read incorrect information and make assumptions that aren't valid (which is what the rest of the world is doing right now).
I also urge you to not read the comments and what people are assuming and saying about Matt. They don't know him, they don't know the circumstances, our situation, etc, and are giving opinions based off of a few lines they've read in some articles. If you are confronted about it because you do know Matt, please tell them the same information that I have given you and stick up for him.
He is a good person. He's human, and therefore not perfect, just as we all are. He's doing his best. I am proud of him. I believe in him. I am standing by him and I will not speak a negative thing about him or the football program. I love my husband very much.
Matt's facebook status reads this: "A man was not defined by his flaws but by how he overcame them"
5 comments:
We love you guys, so sorry everyone thinks this is their business. Matt Putnam is one of the people I hold in highest regard, the best of the best.
Matt is perfect in every way that counts!
Love you both. Life is hard sometimes. Just remember that rollercoaster we're on and that you can either hang on for dear life or throw your hands in the air and just scream (for good or bad) your lungs out. :)
I'm so sorry you are facing this trial. I wish you all the best dear and I'll pray for you and your hubby. :) xo
poor guy! it just sucks because i'm sure he has way better grades than a ton of people it's just their lives aren't publicized!! he's awesome! tell him to keep his head up!
Post a Comment