Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blogging

I've been shamefully bad at blogging this summer and then some. And now fall is basically here and I have no idea how time went by so fast. I seriously write blog posts in my head while I'm at work and wandering around our apt cleaning and cooking but I never get around to actually typing them and uploading the pictures ... and after trying to remember my mind posts after so long, I get sick of them and don't even want to blog them anymore. Story of my life.

So ... I'm going to try and be better. We'll see how long this lasts.

Matt and I had lots of fun of the summer...we were hardly ever home. It didn't even feel like summer most of the time ... I was (and am) still working 9-6 everyday and stuck inside at my desk while the sun was shining outside, but Matt got to be at work with me every afternoon once his morning weightlifting was done. We tried to engulf summer in the few hours we had after getting home from work after 6 so we went to lots of movies and restaurants and baseball games and golfing and anything else that involved being together but not at our place (which is kinda funny cause we LOVE our new condo ... it's the best).

And now .... FOOTBALL has started! 2 games down already! It felt so surreal being at the first home game and watching Matt playing with the sun beating down on my face. It just doesn't feel like it's September. It's Matt's junior year on the team and in case you haven't gotten the memo - he's a new number - #41! I'm still getting used to it and it's weird to see another player wearing 57 - I feel like he shouldn't be allowed to wear it cause it was Matt's number. ha. I've got pics to put up of all of Matt's bruises that have been covering his body these days.

And school has of course started. Weird. Matt's going full-time and I'm part-time taking classes online with Independent Study. Like I said ... it should not be September yet.

I'm FINALLY 21! Not that it really means anything cool when you're a mormon .... now I can drink and gamble and smoke .... OH WAIT ... I don't and wouldn't do any of those things anyways. Oh shucks. I'll go drop $20 in a slot machine in Vegas next time we're down just because I can.

I'll try to be back quickly to post all the hundreds of pictures we've taken this summer and actually update on what's really been going on in our lives. Who knows though ... it may end up Thanksgiving or Christmas and anyone of you reading this will know just about what you know now....ha....sucker. Just kidding ... thank you for reading and being genuinely interested in our lives. :)

1 comment:

The Winwards said...

Jill, Jilly, Jill, I just love you and think you are the best. I need to see you more often. I'm glad you are so busy though, it's for the best right? Mister Matt sure is busy, never returns a phone call. Ah well, I forgive him. I love your new blog design.