Monday, December 14, 2009

Where Did It Go???

Time flew by waaayyy to fast these last 4 months ... my body still thinks it's September .... and there's SNOW on the ground. I've been in shock the last week at where did all the time go. But I guess it flies when you're having fun .... right?

It does not feel at all like I've watched an entire season worth of football games. I haven't even posted about ONE since the first game. I'm so ashamed. Matt has had a fabulous, amazing season. I have so many pictures and experiences to blog about with football - I feel like such a bad wife not blogging bout my hubby's achievements. And we're headed down to the bowl game this Friday - so weird.

And it's the end of the semester!! We're taking FINALS this week - I feel like I've only gone to classes for maybe a month.

It's DECEMBER! I really can't explain how confused my body is - it seriously feels like it could maybe October at the latest ... not wintery, snowy, cold December. Christmas is in less than 2 weeks ... goodness gracious. I will say that I'm so proud of ourselves - we've had all our Christmas shopping done for a week now ... pretty sure that's a first for me.

It's been almost a year since I was promoted to supervisor - weird. I'm organizing and going over year-end stuff ... awkward. The old supervisor came in with her little baby girl bout a week ago to show me the ropes of year-end (she's so super sweet) and I couldn't believe that her baby girl is 7 months old! It feels like maybe a month ago that she left the company to be a mom and I officially took over.

We've been married for almost a year and A HALF - it feels like it was NOT that long ago that we got off our 1 yr. anniversary vacay - that I don't think I ever finished posting the pictures from.

Am I getting the picture across how weird I feel about how fast time is flying?

And everything else that's been going on in our lives that I haven't spoken of:

We beat the new Super Mario Brothers with Michael last Wednesday - 3 days of all day playing and we beat it! ... all by ourselves. Michael invited us to come over and play last last Saturday and we were hooked. We were there ALL day Saturday (that's how we spent our first Sat. without a game together ... what a good way to spend it) and then back again Monday night for FHE and Wednesday night until we beat it (Michael rented it so it had to be returned Wed night at midnight). It's the FIRST Video Game I've ever beat!!! .... even if I was just helping along side Mike and Matt ... it is still a great accomplishment for me.

I am SO GRATEFUL our car has heat. The previous 2 years, my car has been heatless and so every drive to work and school and wherever was a freezing one. It has been such a blessing to have a heater and defroster that work wonderfully! So lovely.

I got my hair cut and colored today ... I love it - maybe I'll take a pic and post it ... maybe.

Last Saturday was our Ward Christmas Party and we're on the activities committee so that entailed me making 140 sugar cookies Friday evening and then going and setting up at the church for another 3 hours .... Sat morning setting up for another hour ... cooking eggs and hashbrowns for 2 hours .... eating for 20 min then cleaning up for another 2 hours. It turned out to be a really good party though...I'm not meaning to complain. We brought our christmas tree for decoration and forgot to bring it home ... so our Christmas tree is still at the church and is providing a lovely decoration in the foyer.

We love RedBox-ing movies. And we're not good at returning them the next day - you'd think we wouldn't love it so much ... but we still do.
We've had some really fun trips to Ikea in the last little while - we've done a bit of remodeling at our place.

Oh and Thanksgiving! was so much fun - It was so fun and relaxing to spend time with family and play with the nephews and niece. I'm so grateful for family - I've come to appreciate it more as I've grown older ... not that I'm really that old or anything but still.

We love our Primary kids - although sometimes they drive us crazy ... we still love them and they're definitely teaching us a lot. One of them brought us some chocolate covered pretzels he made for us - sooo sweet.

I've been asked if I'm related to Matt and if we're a couple? a few times in the past few weeks ... never if we're married. Awkward but hilarious.

Hmmmmm....this is really long .... sorry to those of you who have actually taken the time to read this whole long ramble. Kudos to you.

I really need to go to sleep now. I'm sure I'll think of more that needs updating tomorrow. Toodles.

No comments: