My phone rang just as I was stepping out of the bathroom at work where I had been shedding a few tears of woe is me. It was my sister-in-law Angie and I sucked it up and answered. She explained to me that her friend had read on our blog that we didn't have a dishwasher and she wanted to give us her portable dishwasher. I had never met her and she knew Matt just from when he was a little tyke - yet out of the goodness of her heart she wanted to give us her portable dishwasher ... for nothing in return!
Angie asked me if we would want which I proceeded to say OF COURSE. This was one of the moments when I knew God was watching out for me. The moment I got off the phone I could feel His arms wrap around me with a hug that said 'it's going to be ok, you can do it, keep holding on, I love you remember.' I'm almost started to cry out of happiness this time.
It may just seem like a dishwasher but it has so much more meaning to me. The last time I did the dishes I couldn't stand for the rest of the day (we're only talking an hour or two of washing too)...that's what a messed up back will do. Before football started Matt always washed the dishes because he knew how much it hurt my back plus I just don't necessarily like doing it. But football and school took over which is how it should be. The dishes were a source of stress in my life that has now evaporated. It's hard to put into words just what a dishwasher has done for me and Matt. It's not just a dishwasher, it's a blessing, it's that nudge of hope, a daily reminder that God knows me individually and is watching out for me everyday.
We picked up the dishwasher last Wednesday night and it is absolutely fabulous. All of our dishes are done (except for a few cookie sheets that didn't fit) without hours of work on our end. Thank you Amy!! We can never thank you enough for your generosity and kindness!
3 comments:
OH! You've just made my day ;) SO GLAD it works, and SO GLAD it could be a gentle reminder that you are loved!! YEAH!
=)
Reminds me of the time a friend brought me a bowl of soup, a can of coke, and a chocolate bar after I'd been dealing with sick kids all week even though I wasn't actually sick.
So nice to know others are looking out for us and being our angels.
Jill, I love your guts. I love Amy's guts. I know Heavenly Father loves you and is watching out for you. It is true!
Post a Comment