Wednesday, August 5, 2009

San Diego Day 2

Sunday, July 19

We went to church at a random ward that was close by and you'll never guess who just happened to be there ....... Elder Holland! He wasn't on the program or anything but sat on the stand with his wife and spoke. It was really cool ... and I thought it was interesting that he chose to speak to the youth of the ward and tell them about the need for preparation in their lives because of things going on in the world and yet to come and they'll need that strength. He also spoke of the tenderness of President Hinckley and the passing of authority he witnessed between him and President Monson. It was just cool ... we were really lucky and blessed that we chose to go to that ward. There was a line of about a bajillion people after sacrament meeting waiting to shake his hand so no we didn't shake his shand but still ....

We stayed at a little private studio apt we found on craigslist 2 seconds from the Mission Bay beach. He gave us 2 vintage bikes to ride around for the week (and we're talkin as rusty vintage as they come). We went for a bike ride and ended up at the Pacific Beach and admired the ocean and walked around. We went on the pier and watched the sunset .... and I took A LOT of pictures. I couldn't decide which ones to post ... so I posted all of them! Enjoy ...

The view from the pier and some random people fishing


Surfers
Surfing Dumbledore ... notice the piece of hair that literally goes down to his calf




I was having fun with the settings on my camera








1 comment:

ayura said...

its a nice place to visit ..i liked your fotos
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step