Tuesday, August 11, 2009

And So It Begins ...

Fall camp has begun!

Saturday was the big day ... He was gone by 5:30 a.m. Off to run up Y Mountain. Crazy stuff they make them do. I saw him for a couple hours on his breaks but other than that he wasn't home til 9 p.m. And that's basically how it will be for the rest of this month. We'll get to see each other for maybe a couple hours at night and maybe a few more on Saturdays. What makes it hard is that we have spent a LOT of time together this summer ... we're not used to being a part from each other. But it is still good.

He's been pretty sore ... mostly from the new freshman who don't know that 'to touch' means don't actually tackle ... just touch them ... so he got rammed a couple times in the ribs without pads on and so has some pretty bruised ribs if you can't imagine.

Other than that ... from what I know it is going good and great and he's working hard and earning his spot out there on the field.

I think I've already watched 6 or 7 movies in the last 3 days. 5 on Saturday. I'm thinking we're going to need to renew our Netflix. But I have been getting quite a bit done around the house which is good. I've got no other choice but to clean or fold laundry. The joke at work is that I'm a widow for this upcoming month.

Good luck to Matt this next month! He's the one doing all the strenuous physical practices and all that other stuff football players do. It'll be a hard but good month that I'm sure will pay off for the both of us.