Thursday, January 1, 2009

Matt's surgery

So Matt had surgery on his foot bright and early yesterday morning.

The surgery went fine. They took out the nerve/neuroma and then they also happened to find a treacherous (I can't remember if
that's what he called it) artery in his foot and ended up taking that out too. The surgery itself only took about 45 min. When he came
out of anesthesia he kept asking me if he could go back asleep about 50 times and then would get mad and confused when I
kept telling him no. He relayed the story of the anesthesiologist giving him the anesthesia twice and how he liked it and wanted
me to go get the anesthesiologist to give him some more and knock him out again. He kept asking me if his toes were going to
fall off and would sound shocked everytime I told them that they wouldn't. And he quoted from The Office - "I have a protuberance on my foot. I stepped on a George Forman grill and now I have a protuberance on my foot but they fixed it so now I'm all fixed"

He's been on the couch since with his legged propped up on pillows...he can't walk on it for about 3 days and then has to be careful for another week and a half and so on and so forth. So our New Years consisted of sitting on the couch and watching 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'. Matt doesn't really like having to be stuck on the couch all day long but it'll all be worth it when his foot won't hurt him anymore. He's been a really good sport with the whole thing

Happy New Years Everyone!!

1 comment:

Adventures in Healing said...

Soooo....is he feeling better yet?